Friday, October 25, 2013

AUTUMN-INSPIRED RAW CHOCOLATE


When I came back today from a long walk in the fall forest, collecting chestnuts for my fall decoration and photographing the colorful trees, I felt the strong urge for a warm cup of tea and some chocolate. I thought about warm fall spices and crunchy nuts. So I made a bowl of liquid raw chocolate and threw in some almonds, cinnamon and vanilla.



I sat by my window and indulged in the sweet deliciousness. Isn't it great to enjoy such amazing treats that are also healthy? Raw chocolate works wonders for my nerves and mood. I calm down and concentrate on myself. 
If you want a bit of this goodness, grab a mixing bowl and the following ingredients.

AUTUMN-INSPIRED RAW CHOCOLATE
Makes 50 g (Serves 2 or ME)

1 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1 T sweetener, I prefer agave syrup
1/2 cup shredded almonds
1t cinnamon
Vanilla to taste

Melt coconut oil over simmering water or by letting it stand in a warm place, stir in cacao powder, sweetener, almonds, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour mixture into a small wax paper covered form and let stand in the fridge until solid.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...